Dream on……

My window opens into the sea. Every morning I wake up and go to the café at the market. I have my breakfast with the local fishermen. We talk about politics and I open my shop. I sell shoes, I also make them. I am the best shoemaker in town. I also read books, surf the internet, write, do various art projects, listen to music, and mingle with my local friends- mostly men. This happens all through the day, when I am in and out of the shop. In the afternoon, I go and do my daily grocery shopping for the evening. I prepare a nice dinner for myself and whoever happens to be my company. After dinner we go for a walk on the beach we mingle with the local folks around and we come back home. I have a thousand lovers, a thousand friends. They never ask me where I came from, who were my parents, what am I to do. They are just there for me, I am here with them and surprisingly, they all speak my language.